12 – days from $2999
Enjoy connecting with Burmese culture by meeting local people, explore the pagodas and monasteries of this ancient land, visit a toddy farm and have a local lunch, step back in time at Bagan's archaeological zone, explore floating villages and daily life on tranquil Inle Lake
After decades of controversy, friendly Burma (also known as Myanmar) is opening up to travellers, which means the adventurous can experience a curious nation unbiased by hordes of tourists. This 12-day adventure offers comfort level hotels and travel between sights by plane, boat and private buses or vans. Discover the floating gardens of Inle Lake, incredible ruins of ancient Bagan, ancient capitals around Mandalay and the refreshing hill station of Kalaw. Not all of Asia follows the same beat; join in Burma's unique rhythm.
- Arrival transfer. Tour of Mandalay including Golden Palace Monastery, Kuyuk Taw Gyi Pagoda, Kuthodaw Pagoda and Mahamuni Temple. Boat trip and tour of the Village of Mingun. Visit the spiritual centre of Burma at Sagaing and the ancient city of Amarapura. Excursion to Pyin Oo Lwin. Irrawaddy River boat trip. Guided tour of Bagan archaeological zone. Visit a local village and toddy farm for demonstrations and a local lunch. Visit Shwe Yan Pyay Monastery. Tour Nyaung Shwe by trishaw. Boat tour of Inle Lake including floating villages and markets. Visit a cheroot factory. Visit Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda and the Nge Phe Chaung Monastery. Tour Shwedagon Pagoda. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- 11 breakfasts, 1 lunch. (Allow USD250-350 for meals not included.)
- Comfort hotels (11 nts).
- Private bus/van, plane, boat, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, Avg 10.
For more information on this Burma Adventure Tour or other G Adventures Tours, please contact one of our Adventure Specialists at North South Travel today