This is your chance to sail the Antarctic in full class and comfort alongside an expert adventure enthusiast. North South Travel's very own Jane Patrick will accompany you through the majestic wonders of the wild white continent, and offer you a transformed and unique expedition experience.
Embrace the spirit of polar exploration to the coveted white continent.
Immerse yourself in the unimaginable beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula, where vast glaciers tumble into the sea, penguins are dwarfed by soaring peaks and humpback whales feast on abundant krill. Sail from Ushuaia, Argentina crossing the famed Drake Passage and experience the awe-inspiring immensity of Antarctica upon arrival. This voyage includes a return flight from King George Island to Punta Arenas, Chile so that you can spend more time experiencing wild and remote Antarctic Peninsula.
You will travel with the most experienced and professional expedition team in the industry on board our newest purpose-built ship, the Sylvia Earle, a comfortable base camp for your adventure. There will be opportunities for 2-3^ landings per day and an extraordinary range of activities including Zodiac cruises, polar snorkeling, kayaking and more.
Take advantage of this exclusive North South Travel offer and save an extra 5%, plus receive a $250pp shipboard credit.*
*Offer only valid on our special 20 Feb 2025 departure.
Dates: February 20 - March 3, 2025
Duration: 12 Days
Ship: Sylvia Earle
Departure/Arrival: Ushuaia, Argentina / Punta Arenas, Chile
- Hone your ice and wildlife photography skills with advice from our onboard pro
- Zodiac-cruise along coastlines and islets in search of feeding and breaching whales
- See and hear the bustling activity of a penguin city as chicks are moulting and exploring
- Join the exclusive polar plunge club and dive into Antarctic water
- Snorkel through crystal clear water as penguins porpoise nearby at racing speed
- Kayak in bays filled with brash ice watching for seals hauled out on ice floes
- Sail the famed Drake Passage one way and fly the return crossing
Pricing and Deposit:
Balcony Stateroom C from $15,356/pp USD, plus an additional 5% off.*
Reduced $500 deposit to reserve your spot.*
Final payment due 90 days prior to departure.
The Sylvia Earle
With a maximum capacity of 132 passengers and an Ice Class 6 rating, the Sylvia Earle can navigate places that larger ships just cannot go. Everything is purpose-built for exploring the great outdoors. Easy access from a best-in-class mudroom, Zodiac-loading platforms and innovative floating dock, means that Aurora’s expeditioners are whisked away on Zodiacs smoothy and efficiently. The Ulstein X-BOW® hull makes sailing smoother, faster and more fuel efficient.
Every stateroom features an ocean view and nearly all include balconies. The ship has everything you need to maximize relaxation and comfort, including heated floors in the bathrooms. The gym, sauna, cozy library, restaurants, bar and lecture theater all feature floor-to-ceiling windows. There are outside decks, and observation lounges providing excellent views of the natural environment. Explore Antarctica, creating memories that last a lifetime.
- All airport transfers mentioned in the itinerary.
- One night’s hotel accommodation including breakfast, in Ushuaia on Day 1.
- Charter flight King George Island to Punta Arenas on Day 11.
- One night’s hotel accommodation including breakfast, in Punta Arenas on Day 11.
- All meals, snacks, tea and coffee during voyage. • Beer, house wine and soft drinks with dinner.
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell receptions including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages.
- All shore excursions, Zodiac cruises, lectures and guiding.
- One 3-in-1 waterproof, polar expedition jacket and complimentary use of Muck Boots.
- Port surcharges, permits and landing fees.
- Gratuities for ship’s crew.
- International or domestic flights – unless specified in the itinerary.
- Transfers – unless specified in the itinerary.
- Airport arrival or departure taxes.
- Passport, visa, reciprocity and vaccination fees and charges.
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges.
- Hotel accommodation and meals – unless specified in the itinerary.
- Optional excursions and optional activity surcharges.
- All items of a personal nature.
*Terms & Conditions apply. Offer is only valid on new bookings and only available on voyage AEP049S which must be booked and deposited by December 31, 2024. Promotion is subject to availability at the time of booking and is capacity controlled. Pricing is in US dollars, per person based on double occupancy. $250 USD shipboard credit is per person, up to $500 USD per stateroom. Extra 5% discount and $500 deposit are exclusive to North South Travel and is only available on new bookings on voyage AEP049S.
^Note, this is only a guide and subject to change due to weather conditions