15-days from $2,180
This comprehensive tour of the ‘Pearl of the Indian Ocean’ covers Sri Lanka’s many highlights at a relaxed pace. Uncovering ancient cities, rock carvings and gilded temples, we discover its rich Buddhist history and culture. Other highlights include the spectacular Hill Country, wildlife-filled national parks and an idyllic tropical coastline, where we enjoy some down-time. Along the way, you will be welcomed by generous hospitality and friendly faces.
- National Parks – Enjoy a jeep safari with the hope of spotting a leopard, elephant and sambar deer in the wild
- Anuradhapura Polonnaruwa, Dambulla and Sigiriya - Explore ancient capitals, painted cave temples and the dramatic ‘Sky Fortress’
- Kandy and the Hill Country – Explore the rich cultural heritage of the ‘Hill Capital’ and the lush tea plantations and colonial charm of the surrounding area
- Adam’s Peak – Join pilgrims in a trek to the summit of this sacred mountain in time for sunrise
- Unawatuna and Galle – relax on the white sand beaches of the south coast and soak up the laid-back, artistic vibe of Galle
For more information on this Buddha’s Island Tour or other Explore Worldwide trips, please contact one of our Adventure Travel Specialists at North South Travel today