What would happen to the city of Angels without the food trucks? It would be a total nightmare. Let me explain. There are thousands of hungry, struggling actors, writers, professional photographers just to name a few. Where will they dine without the cheap eats-on-the-wheels? The millions and millions of tourists that visit this great city will probably struggle to get a table in the few restaurants in the city.
Well, welcome to my world – a world where you just need to spend a few bucks to have a great healthy meal. Find below, the top 10 food trucks and what to order at each of them.
1. Kogi Korean BBQ-to-Go - Korean tacos and Korean burrito
2. Shrimp Pimp Truck - The Shrimp Pimp, shrimp 'n chips, Greek shrimp sandwiches and Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood.
3. Shrimp Pimp Truck - shrimp ceviche in lettuce wrap, tempura-battered shrimp po'boys, and Greek shrimp.
4. Coolhaus - Flavors of pun-heavy ice cream sandwich including; Oatmeal Cinnamoneo, Mies Vanilla Rohe, Frank Behry, and Mintamalism.
5. Louks to Go - Lamb chops with feta and fries, Loukaniko sausage, flavored fries.
6. Border Grill Truck - Homemade tortilla chips and guacamole, cumin fries, quesadillas and cones filled with ceviche.
7. Coolhaus - Oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, ice cream sandwich, pistachio with black truffles.
8. Fishlips Sushi - A la carte sushi, crunchy shrimp tempura, salmon roll with mango, and combo of temari and rolls.
9. Heirloom LA - Expect to find meals such as meats, vegetables, Mexican plates.
10. Kogi Korean BBQ-To-Go - What to order; burritos, spicy pork and chicken tacos, short rib sliders.
There you have it - the best of the Los Angeles cheap eats on the wheel. Eat cheap, and thank me later.