10 days & 9 nights, Private Journey
Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena & Tayrona National Park
Travel from the historic heart of Bogota and the contemporary flair of Medellin to the colonial port of Cartagena and the beautiful Tayrona National Park. As you discover this vibrant country, wander through local markets with an expert chef, snorkel in crystal-clear waters, hike through pristine rainforest, indulge your senses in colonial towns and visit the source of the legend of El Dorado. Every step of the way, you'll be amazed at the warmth and friendliness of this diverse country.
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers to and from your hotel
- All planning, handling and operational charges
- Accommodation as noted in itinerary, based on double occupancy
- Privately guided sightseeing in air-conditioned vehicle (exceptions may apply)
- Services of Professional English-Speaking Guide(s) and/or Tour Escort as detailed in your itinerary
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
- Meals included as mentioned in itinerary
- Baggage handling, 2 pieces per person unless otherwise noted. (Please note that any additional luggage may require modification in vehicle size)
- Other inclusions as noted in your itinerary
- Day 1 Arrive Bogota Upon arrival in Bogota, you will be welcomed by your local representative and escorted to your hotel.
- Day 2 Bogota Embark upon a morning tour of La Candelaria, the historic center of the city. Discover the lovely colonial mansions, the Plaza de Bolivar, the grand cathedral and the capital building. Then marvel at the fantastic collection of art in Museo Botero and the acclaimed Museo del Oro. After lunch, ride the cable car to the summit of Santuario de Monserrate. Then drive through the city before ending your travels in the lovely district of Usaquen - home to colonial churches, plazas and good shopping. (Breakfast & Lunch Included)
- Day 3 To Medellin Travel through the Sabana de Bogota, home to the country's rose and carnation cultivation industry, before arriving at the salt mines of Zipaquira. Descend into the earth to tour the ancient mines, in which an entire cathedral (complete with the world's largest cross made of salt) has been carved from the salt deposits. This afternoon, say goodbye to Bogota as you transfer to the airport for your flight to Medellin. Upon arrival, enjoy the balance of the day at leisure to relax or begin your explorations of this fascinating city. (Breakfast & Lunch Included)
- Day 4 Medellin Join your local guide to trace the course of social change in the city of Medellin. Visit the collection of sculptures by Fernando Botero in La Plazoleta as well as the suburb of Santo Domingo Savio, which is connected to the central city by cable car. Here you can find the Biblioteca Espana Park, a stirring symbol of the urban regeneration that has transformed the social and cultural landscape of the city. (Breakfast included)
- Day 5 To Cartagena After breakfast, fly to the Caribbean city of Cartagena, one of the most historically rich and scenically beautiful in the country. Upon arrival, check in to your hotel.(Breakfast included)
- Day 6 Cartagena Embark on a culinary journey through the streets of old town, where you will have the opportunity to sample many of the foods that are local to the region of Colombia. The cuisine in Cartagena focuses on seafood, so don't miss a bowl of the local sancocho, a typical Colombian stew made with fresh fish, plantains, and yucca. Also, make sure to try a deep-fried empanada. (Breakfast included)
- Day 7 Cartagena Embark on a full-day exploration of the Archipielago del Rosario, a national park ringed by coral reefs and clear, blue waters. Do some snorkeling, marvel at the profusion of brightly colored tropical fish and sea life, and enjoy lunch before returning to the city this afternoon. (Breakfast & Lunch included)
- Day 8 To Tayrona National Park Depart Cartagena for the scenic drive to Tayrona National Park. Upon arrival, check in to your comfortable eco-lodge and enjoy the rest of the afternoon at leisure. (Breakfast included)
- Day 9 Tayrona National Park Savor a full day to relax on the beaches and explore the jungles of this splendid national park. Soak up some rays on the pristine beaches and search for tropical birds and other wildlife in the rainforest. (Breakfast included)
- Day 10 Depart Santa Marta Transfer to Santa Marta this morning to catch your onward flight. (Breakfast included)
If you'd like us to design your perfect Colombian getaway feel free to send us a message - we can work together to create the best itinerary, accomodations, and flights down to the smallest details. 604-736-7447 or select the 'contact us' button!