Explore! The Adventure Travel Experts present their 15 day Buddha's Island tour around the island nation of Sri Lanka. This small group (12-18 people) classic tour is perfect for those looking for a no-frills adventure to the heart of this magical country.
Explore! has been creating award-winning pioneering adventure holidays for over 30 years, earning the trust of thousands of delighted customers, who feel safe in their hands. Their tour leaders have expert local knowledge and their tours are designed to take you off the beaten track to see the most exotic, inspiring and dramatic places in the world. They are passionate about sustainable travel and work hard to create tours where your holiday delivers real benefits to the local communities. They minimise our impact by travelling in small groups, respecting local cultures and traditional, reducing waste and offsetting 100% of the CO2 from our flights.
The Buddha's Island tour is a comprehensive tour of the 'Pearl of the Indian Ocean' and covers Sri Lanka's many highlights at a relaxed pace. Uncovering ancient cities, rock carvings and gilded temples, you will discover its rich Buddhist history and culture. Other highlights include the spectacular Hill Country, wildlife-filled national parks and an idyllic tropical coastline, where we enjoy some down-time. Along the way, you will be welcomed by generous hospitality and friendly faces.
- National Parks - Enjoy a jeep safari with the hope of spotting a leopard, elephant and sambar deer in the wild
- Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Dambulla and Sigiriya - Explore ancient capitals, painted cave temples and the dramatic 'Sky Fortress'
- Kandy and the Hill Country - Explore the rich cultural heritage of the 'Hill Capital' and the lush tea plantations and colonial charm os the surrounding area
- Adam's Peak - Join pilgrims in a trek to the summit of this sacred mountain in time for sunrise
- Unawatuna and Galle - relax on the white sand beaches of the south coast and soak up the laid-back, artistic vibe of Galle
- 14 Breakfast and 2 Dinners
- Bus transportation between destinations
- 13 Nights' accommodation in Standard Hotels
- 1 Night's accommodation in a Simple Guesthouse
- Tour Staff: driver(s), Explore Tour Leader, local guide(s)
- Arrival and Departure Airport Transfers
- Kandy - Cultural Show $10 CAD
- Unawatuna - Boat Excursion to coral reef $10 CAD
- Half Day Trips - Including transport, Boat ride to Cinnamon Islands; Glass bottom boat ride; Picnic lunch; Transport - $19 CAD
- Unawatuna - Whale watching boat trip $121 CAD
If this adventure sounds perfect for you contact one of our Adventure Travel Specialists today by either calling us at 604-736-7447 or by clicking on the 'get price & schedule' button at the top of the page.