There are currently two job opportunities at North South Travel. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are one of Western Canada’s largest independent travel agencies. We have been serving the Westside of Vancouver, Kitsilano and
beyond since 1981. We specialize in corporate travel programs and luxury and custom
vacations, including cruises, wellness and adventure travel. We make travel dreams come true
for a living and are very passionate about what we do! As a
member of Virtuoso, one of the most powerful groups in luxury travel, we
are able to offer our clients special VIP benefits such as room
upgrades, special shore excursions and cocktail parties on cruises and
other unique benefits.
We provide an exceptional work environment, options for a medical/dental benefit plan and a RRSP, plus team social wine Fridays! Our office is located at 10th & Alma in Point Grey. Free street parking is available.
1) Entry-Level Travel ConciergeThis Travel Concierge position provides administrative and sales support to the North South Travel team across both the corporate and leisure division. You will assist with a wide range of different travel-related tasks while having the opportunity to gain extensive knowledge of the luxury travel industry. As you grow in knowledge you will be expected to arrange basic air, car, hotel, cruise, and tour reservations and offer general problem-resolution support to clients wherever needed.
We are looking for someone with:
- A passion for travel
- Exceptional attention to detail skills
- Great communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- The natural ability to be a proactive team player and a self-starter
- The ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- The ability to respond to changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- A good grasp of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint )
- Sabre (GDS) skills are appreciated but not essential
Essential Job Functions:
- Research rates, availability, and destination options for hotels, cruises, air, car rentals etc.
- Book and confirm reservations including dining, spa and other activities as needed
- Manage multiple requests in different stages of completion
- Assist with loyalty tickets, airplane seat assignments, travel emergencies, and other requests
- Manage group hotel blocks and obtain group flight quotes
- Build, maintain, update and quality check client profiles in CRM system
- Assist with deposits, final payments and invoicing
- General office administration and support duties as assigned by Manager
Compensation: Starting at $13-$15 per hour plus other perks
2) Are you an established Travel Specialist in Vancouver who is looking for a change of scene?
We are currently seeking experienced, commission based Vacation Travel Advisors who are passionate about the industry and committed to providing high touch, personalized service!Requirements :
- A minimum of three years experience selling leisure travel
- Your own client base is ESSENTIAL as this is a commission-only based role
- Product knowledge of the luxury market is preferred
- GDS experience is preferred, but not necessary. We operate on Sabre.
- Open to advisors looking to work at the office but would also consider those who are home-based
Compensation: High commission splits for proven sales leaders.