Why has the 900-mile journey between South Africa's Cape Town and Pretoria become such a desired trip for so many tourists? The Blue Train offers travel so refined and luxurious, it's easy to forget that it's a train!
The Blue Train is a South African icon, synonymous with hospitality and luxury since 1946. Kings and Presidents have travelled on this magnificent Pullman, experience a world of elegance and romance in traditional surroundings. This train journey is perfect for anyone looking for the ultimate inspirational experience or those who simply prefer the timeless quality of train travel!
- An icon of South Africa for over 60 years
- Unique experience - the crowning jewel in a South African holiday
- Inspired way to travel from Pretoria to Cape Town or vice versa
- 27 hours of indulgence giving you back the luxury of time
- 5 star luxury suites with en-suite facilities (bath or shower)
- A choice os deluxe or luxury suites (1 sq. meter larger)
- Authentic 5 star African service and hospitality with fine cuisine and an award wining wine list
- 24hr personalized butler service
- Breath-taking and ever-changing scenery
- An all-inclusive rate (champagne, caviar and boutique excluded)
The 1,000 mile adventure begins at Cape Town or Pretoria station, with a class of bubbly & canapés or coffee & pastries prior to departure. Spend your time relaxing in the privacy of your private suite being pampered by your private butler. Enjoy the company of fellow travellers in one of the lounges, sampling South African snacks and fine wines throughout the day. For souvenirs check out the onboard boutique or consider a rather more expensive diamond during the Southbound excursion to Kimberley Diamond Mine Museum! Be transported to a by-gone Victorian Era when you visit Matjiesfontein on the Northbound excursion.
Indulge in the delicacies of afternoon tea served in your suite or in the lounge. Choose and early or late sitting for the chef's creative and legendary lunch and dinner cuisine. Have your butler press your shirt or dress in readiness for the evening (there is a strict jacket & tie dress code for gentlemen). Sample a 'True Blue' Blue Train cocktail before dinner. Dinner promises to be a memorable and elegant occasion - the best South Africa has to offer - accompanied by award winning wines, followed by cognac and cigars in the Smoking lounge.
If you have been dreaming of travelling Africa in style then the Blue Train would be a perfect fit!
Speak to one of our Travel Specialists to create your custom South African Adventure today!!
Call us at 604-736-7447 or click on the 'contact us' button!