This is the ultimate private culinary tour of France and Switzerland!
Our Travel Advisors have hand selected this luxurious culinary & wine tour through France and Switzerland which features private touring and tasting in some of the world’s most important wine regions, visits to local food markets and specialty food purveyors, reservations at top restaurants serving authentic regional cuisine, in-depth cultural touring in each destination, and spectacular accommodations. These beautiful accommodations include a palace hotel in Paris, historic chateau in Beaujolais and a luxury resort on Lake Geneva.
- Private touring with your own personal guides and drivers
- Preferred rooms in the very best luxury hotels
- Firsthand, sophisticated destination knowledge and recommendations
- Itineraries that are customized according to your interests and schedule
- Upgrades and amenities
- A seamless travel experience, including all logistics, skipping lines during touring whenever possible, restaurant and spa reservations, performance tickets, private airport transfers, internal transportation, VIP and fast-track airport assistance in many destinations
- Around-the-clock support in each destination during your trip
- Unique travel experiences
Day by Day Summary:
Begin with three nights in Paris. With your sophisticated expert guide, enjoy a private culinary tour of the city according to your interests. Experience epicurean delights at local markets, bakeries, cheese shops, chocolate stores, tea salons, specialty stores and more. Also tour the city's most interesting neighborhoods, shops, gardens, museums and other cultural attractions. In the evenings, enjoy reservations at select bistros, brasseries and restaurants according to your tastes, whether rustic regional fare, classic French haute cuisine or the latest adventures in innovative contemporary gastronomy.
One day, enjoy a private excursion to the Champagne wine region. Drive through vineyards along the Route du Champagne, stopping to visit the most interesting wine cellars and sample top local vintages. With your private guide, enjoy a tour of Reims, an ancient city with Roman roots. Visit highlights such as Notre-Dame Cathedral, a masterpiece of Gothic Art and a UNESCO World Heritage Site where 25 French kings and queens had their coronations. Also, see Art Deco architecture and browse specialty shops selling chocolates and biscuits roses de Reims, the town’s famous pink cookies. Time and interest permitting, perhaps opt for a gourmet lunch at Les Crayeres, a magnificent manor surrounded by parkland.
Continue to Burgundy, and stay two nights in charming Beaune, the capital of the Burgundy wine country. Enjoy a private tour of the Burgundy wine route through the Cote d’Or vineyards, visiting local cellars to sample the best of Bourgogne. Also, explore the well-preserved medieval center of Beaune, browse the local market, and perhaps purchase renowned local wines such as Chambertin, Romanee-Conti and Montrachet. Time permitting, also visit Dijon, famous for its mustard and other fine culinary offerings.
Next, transfer to the Beaujolais wine region just outside Lyon. Spend two nights at the spectacular Chateau de Bagnols, a meticulously restored 13th-century castle filled with antique furniture, wall paintings and Gothic fireplaces. In the afternoon, enjoy a private tour of the surrounding vineyards, wine cellars, and ancient villages. One day, enjoy a private excursion to Lyon, the gastronomic capital of France, to explore local culinary traditions, see cultural highlights such as Roman ruins, churches and museums, and perhaps dine at one of the country's best restaurants.
Continue to Lausanne—Switzerland’s gourmet paradise—for two nights at the elegant Beau-Rivage Palace, a luxurious resort hotel set in lush parkland on the shore of Lake Geneva. During private touring, visit the Lavaux wine region, a beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site of 800-year-old terraced vineyards that skirt the edge of Lake Geneva and offer dramatic views of the Alps. Meet winemakers at local wineries, sample Chasselas and other delicious local varietals in Lavaux cellars, and perhaps enjoy a gourmet meal at one of the finest restaurants in Switzerland. Also, tour Chateau de Chillon, a well-preserved castle on a small island in the lake that offers evocative insights into the daily life of medieval aristocracy. Alternatively, take a private excursion to the atmospheric hill town of Gruyeres to visit a local cheese maker to learn about and taste the region’s renowned Gruyere cheese, and perhaps visit the nearby factory of one of Switzerland’s premier chocolatiers.
- Day 1 Arrive Paris, France - Private transfer to hotel for 3 nights
- Day 2 Paris - Private half-day culinary tour
- Day 3 Paris & Champagne wine region - Private excursion to tour Reims and wine cellars
- Day 4 Paris – Burgundy - Private transfer to hotel for 2 nights. Private half-day tour
- Day 5 Burgundy wine route - Private excursion and wine tasting
- Day 6 Burgundy – Beaujolais - Private transfer to chateau hotel for 2 nights. Private afternoon touring
- Day 7 Beaujolais & Lyon - Private culinary tour of Lyon
- Day 8 Beaujolais-Lausanne, Switzerland - Private transfer to resort hotel for 2 nights
- Day 9 Lausanne & vicinity - Full-day flexible private cultural and culinary tour. Options include Gruyeres or Lavaux and Chateau de Chillon
- Day 10 Depart Geneva -Private airport transfer
Paris: Four Seasons Hotel George V
Burgundy: Hotel Le Cep
Beaujolais: Chateau de Bagnols
Lausanne: Beau-Rivage Palace
Interested in this stunning luxury culinary and wine tour through 2 beautiful countries in Europe? Call us at 604-736-7447 or send us a message through the website by selecting the 'contact us' button! Our Luxury Leisure Travel Advisors specialize in customized trips all over the world!