The quaint European village of Oberammergau is world famous for the spectacular Passion Play performed solely by its residents just once every 10 years.
Keeping a pledge made nearly 400 years ago, this reenactment of the crucifixion of Christ preserves the health and well-being of Oberammergau's residents to this day and is regarded as the most important passion play in the world.
One of our preferred partners will once again lead the way in bringing the legendary Oberammergau experience to travellers. For this 2020 event, consider a 12 day River Cruise from Budapest to Munich that include the Passion Play experience. You will be seated in a premier location, providing you with the best Passion Play experience.
Whether you're thinking of travelling with extended family looking for a once-in-a lifetime experience or a church group looking to connect and reflect on their faith, Oberammergau offers an experience that will send you and your travel companions enchanted and excited.
Danube Dreams with Oberammergau 2020
Budapest – Munich
12 day River Cruise from Budapest to Munich
Sail through Central Europe’s splendid capitals and charming towns in Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, and Germany on your Danube River cruise. You’ll also be our guest in the Bavarian village of Oberammergau for the once-a-decade performance season of the world-renowned Passion Play.
Your European river cruise begins in Budapest, Hungary to enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of Heroes’ Square and the iconic sites of the “Pearl of the Danube.” Next, set sail for the Slovakian capital of Bratislava to see the Old Town and the gothic St. Martin’s Cathedral.
You’ll cruise to Vienna, Austria to see the Habsburg Imperial Palace and Vienna Opera House. Later savor the spectacular views of the Wachau Valley through Austria’s picturesque wine country. Enjoy a local wine tasting, join a hike to Dürnstein’s castle ruins, and visit Melk’s stunning Benedictine Abbey
Your Danube River cruise continues to Linz, where you will see Austria’s largest medieval square—the Hauptplatz, and the 1723 Trinity Column. Enjoy a guided city walk through the cobblestone streets of Passau, Germany and the magnificent St. Stephen’s Cathedral.
As the cruise portion of your Central European vacation concludes, you’ll begin an exciting guided tour of Austria and Germany, including Bavaria’s Neuschwanstein Castle, and Innsbruck’s St. James and Hofkirche Cathedrals.
This guided vacation through Germany is highlighted by your visit to the idyllic Bavarian village of Oberammergau for the Passion Play. Performed only once a decade, the Passion Play is a stunning theatrical event with a history dating back to 1634. Enjoy preferred seating and accommodations in Oberammergau for the Passion Play.
Enjoy guided sightseeing in Munich, including Nymphenburg Palace, the Marienplatz, and gothic Frauenkirche. Sample Munich’s Biergärtens and cafés, and see the famous Glockenspiel.
The perfect blend of adventure, relaxation, and inspiration—your Danube River cruise with the once-a decade performance of Oberammergau’s Passion Play—is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
This vacation, which includes tickets for the world-famous Oberammergau Passion Play, requires an additional deposit of $350 per person in February 2019.
Meals & Drinks Included:
- Captain’s welcome & farewell receptions with sparkling wine and canapés
- Welcome dinner
- Farewell dinner
- Daily full buffet breakfast with made-to-order egg station, hot and cold menu items
- Early and Late Riser breakfast
- Daily lunch buffet with pasta or carving stations
- Alternative light lunch or (weather permitting) grill fare at the Sky Bistro on the Sky Deck
- Daily four-course à la carte dinner in the main dining room
- Alternative dinner of petite portions or regional specialties with wines, in the Panorama Bistro
- Daily Afternoon Tea
- Daily Night Fare
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily on board your vessel
Highlights & Sightseeing
- Day 1 Budapest (Embarkation): onboard welcome reception
- Day 2 Budapest: guided sightseeing, see Heroes’ Square
- Day 3 Bratislava: guided sightseeing, visit St. Martin’s Cathedral
- Day 4 Vienna: choice of guided sightseeing or museum visit
- Day 5 Dürnstein–Melk: choice of guided walk or hike up to the castle ruins in Dürnstein; guided visit of the Benedictine Abbey in Melk; wine tasting
- Day 6 Linz: guided walk
- Day 7 Passau: guided walk
- Day 8 Deggendorf (Disembarkation)–Innsbruck: travel from Deggendorf to Innsbruck, with visit to Neuschwanstein Castle
- Day 9 Innsbruck: guided sightseeing
- Day 10 Innsbruck–Oberammergau: travel by motorcoach to Oberammergau, attend the Passion Play
- Day 11 Oberammergau–Munich: travel to Munich; guided sightseeing
- Day 12 Munich: your vacation ends this morning
If you're interested in Oberammergau for 2020, don't hesitate to contact us as soon as possible! Space & dates are very limited. Contact one of our Cruise Specialists today at 604-736-7447 or select the 'contact us' button to send us a message through our website!