Have you checked out the full lineup of National Geographic Journeys with G Adventures yet? National Geographic Journeys with G Adventures are here and they’re ready to take you into the world in ways you’ve never imagined. Travel to a rhino conservation program in Kenya. Plant trees in a Costa Rican cloud forest with a biologist from a National Geographic-funded research centre. Get motivated to walk the streets of Delhi with a former street youth. Feel inspired to discover your very own journey!
One of their newest adventures is the 12 Day Discover the Canadian Rockies* trip!
*There is the option of going Westbound or Eastbound, whatever you prefer!!
Awe-inspiring scenery and fascinating wildlife are simply everywhere in Western Canada. This 12-day adventure offers the Rocky Mountain highs of crisp Jasper and serene Lake Louise, a scenic ferry crossing to Vancouver Island, a river safari through Grizzly Bear Valley, and a drive along the jaw-dropping Icefields Parkway. Whether you’re walking atop a glacier or meandering the gorgeous streets of Whistler Village, you're discovering some of the most iconic parts of Canada.
TRAVEL STYLE: NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC JOURNEYS
Greater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
SERVICE LEVEL: UPGRADED
Quality accommodations with upgraded amenities; private transport (including flights); more included meals and activities.
PHYSICAL RATING: LIGHT
Light walking and hiking suitable for most fitness levels. Nothing too challenging.
TRIP TYPE: SMALL GROUP
Small group experience; Max 12, Avg 10.
BANFF HISTORICAL WALKING TOUR
Explore the beautiful town of Banff on a scenic walking tour led by an expert from the Whyte Museum. Learn about the fascinating history of this town, its people, and the iconic Canadian Pacific Railway.
COLUMBIA ICEFIELDS CENTER VISIT
View one of the Rockies' largest and most accessible active glaciers. The Athabasca Glacier recedes at a rate of nearly 5m (16.4 ft) a year. See this natural beauty while you still can.
MOUNT ROBSON VISIT
Stop at the visitor centre and, if it’s a clear day, see the top of the Mount Robson, the tallest peak in the Canadian Rockies.
"Banff and the adjoining Jasper National Park take in a vast tangle of great strapping peaks, mauled by glaciers and capped by the largest ice fields south of Alaska. Melt waters thunder from the heights, pool in gemlike alpine lakes, and rush down the forested walls of broad U-shaped valleys into powerful rivers.” —Thomas Schmidt, National Geographic's Driving Guides to America: Canada
- 11 Nights hotel/lodge accommodation
- 11 Breakfasts and 1 dinner
- A G Adventures CEO throughout plus local guides
- All park fees in Jasper and Banff National Parks
- Vancouver and Calgary orientation walk
- Scenic ferry to Vancouver Island
- Victoria, Whistler, and Banff orientation walks
- Stops at Joffre Lake and Marble Canyon
- River safari through Grizzly Bear Valley
- Visit Mount Robson Visitor Centre
- Admission to Miette Hot Springs
- Excursion to the Columbia Icefields and ice walk on the Athabasca Glacier
- Banff historical walking tour
- Interesting articles, helpful tips, and photography advice from National Geographic before you depart
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
Contact one of our Adventure Specialists today at 604-736-7447 or by selecting the 'contact us' button on the right hand side of the screen!