This Italy tour takes you to the country’s most romantic cities. Cruise the canals in Venice, step back into the Renaissance in Florence, and marvel at Rome’s ancient splendour, all in between magnificent meals and charming local discoveries.
This 14-day vacation takes in Italy’s most popular cities, while making time to get away from the big tourist sites and discover local delights.
- Transfers from/to train stations or airports
- 9 nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast daily
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Enjoy a two hour guided walking tour of Venice, exploring back alleys and cultural icons such as La Fenice Opera House, and the Bovolo spiral staircase. Your tour also includes the big attractions such as the Rialto Bridge and Marco Polo’s house, but your local guide will help you uncover a Venice unseen by many tourists, with insight into the city’s countless stories, and modern challenges. A gondola ride is of course a must, and your included ride through the canals treats you to Venice’s best view, one had from the water.
- From Venice, go on to the city that inspired Shakespeare, majestic Verona. A visit to Piazza Bra gets you in a theatrical mood before having two and a half hours free to explore. Juliet’s house (yes, that one) and the Piazza delle Erbe are both popular attractions. Afterwards, visit the surrounding medieval towns and sample some of the local Amarone wine.
- Get a unique first impression of Florence on a night-time tour with dinner included. Visit the palace in Via Tornabuoni, the high end fashion street of Il Salotto di Firenze, Ponte Vecchio, and Piazzale Michelangelo for an astonishing night-time view. The tour also takes you to historic parts of Florence most tourists never reach.
- The following day, a cheeky side trip to Pisa gives you time to climb the famous Leaning Tower, before a walking tour unearths the secrets of this medieval city.
- Return to Florence for a tour of the main sights. This includes the Piazza Duomo, the Baptistery of San Giovanni, and the Giotto bell tower. Immerse yourself in the excitement of the Mercato della Paglia, and roam the sights of the Piazza Signoria. Discover why so many travellers have called Florence one of the world’s most beautiful cities.
- Another contender for the list is your next destination, UNESCO World Heritage listed Cinque Terre. Leaning precariously against one another on the mountainside, the houses here are a true Italian icon, evoking romance and enchantment as you explore.
- It’s then on to the Eternal City, Rome. Again, your first taste of the city will be a night-time tour, putting a unique perspective on famous sights such as the Coliseum, the Arch of Constantine, and St Peter’s Square and Basilica.
- The following day, a guided tour takes you from the Spanish Steps to the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and other must-sees. At the end of the tour, jump the queues at the Vatican Museum for a look at what may be the world’s most important collection of ancient art. Swing by the Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelo’s ceiling, and end your day with a visit to the Basilica of St. Peter. Rome, however, is a huge, multifaceted city with much to explore.
- The following day is yours to spend as you please. An included Hop On, Hop Off bus pass lets you see many other key sites at your own pace.
- Skip down to Sorrento for a taste of Southern Italy, starting with a visit to Pompeii and imposing Mount Vesuvius. Explore the ruins of this ancient city then enjoy the view from the summit of the mountain that tragically ended it.
- Another day trip takes you to the island of Capri, visiting its namesake town, and Anacapri. This is your chance to enjoy a more relaxed side of Italy, where life seems unchanged by the rush of the modern world. Both towns are steeped in mythology and folklore too.
- Return to Sorrento for a day at leisure to explore before transferring to Naples for departure.
If you're interested in an organized tour of Italy, give one of our Travel Specialists a call today at 604-736-7447!