For 10 days and 9 nights you will uncover the extraordinary hidden treasures of Venice and Northern Italy. Your experience will begin in Milan where you will have 2 nights to explore this stunning city.You will then be transferred to Venice, where you will embark the River Countess, where you will make stops at amazing locations; Verona, Padua, Bologna, and Ferrara.Daily excursions are also included with a variety of options such as a pasta-making workshop in Bologna and a Valpolicella wine estate lunch. This will be a trip to remember!
- You will be sailing on the recently re-modelled River Countess, which holds only 130 guests.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises are renowned for their award-winning artistic ships, resembling luxury floating hotels.
- Each ship is uniquely designed – with hand-crafted furniture, commissioned exclusively for Uniworld.
- The culinary journeys experienced onboard every cruise are every bit as rich, varied, and flavourful as the voyage itself.
- In addition to the gourmet cuisine, a variety of distinctive local wines selected by top sommeliers accompany each meal.
- Onboard butlers are trained to the same standards of excellence required by Buckingham Palace, to guarantee they are able to deliver an incredible experience.
This beautiful itinerary runs from May to October every year, please contact us to check availability and pricing. There is limited space for 2018 and we are booking into 2019.
North South Travel clients will receive a complimentary $260 per per shipboard credit due to our membership in the Virtuoso network.
If you have sailed with Uniworld, or travelled with Trafalgar or Insight before, you can also enjoy a further 5% River Heritage discount which is combinable with all of the above
Prices in CAD dollars and include all taxes. Port Charges are $200 per person extra. Please note the 5% Past Passenger discounts can be applied on top of the prices quoted below! And for our friends in the U.S.A you can enjoy additional savings due to the exchange rate!
Category 5 (Lavishly appointed riverview) fro, $5,299 per person
Category 4 (Lavishly appointed riverview, located on a higher deck than category 5) from $5,599 per person
*Contact us for details on these 2 categories of rooms, as they are limited!*
Category 3 (Large window) from $6,299 per person
Category 2 (Large window) from $6,599 per person
Category 1 (French Balcony) from $7,499 per person
Milan to Venice - aboard the recently re-modelled River Countess, holding only 130 guests
Day 1 – Arrive at Milan Malpensa Airport, where you will be transferred to your hotel.
Day 2 – Milan-Milan city tour with visit to Da Vinci’s The Last Supper
Day 3 – Milan, Verona (Valpolicella) & Venice. Excursion: Verona, “City of Romeo and Juliet,” and Valpolicella wine estate lunch.
Day 4 – Venice walking tour, sailing the Lagoon and exclusive opening of St. Mark's Basilica
Day 5 – Chioggia, Choice of Chioggia walking tour OR guided “Go Active” bike tour of Chioggia’s beaches
Day 6 – Polesella, Choice of full day excursion to Bologna with pasta-making workshop with lunch OR half-day excursion to Ferrara with lunch
Day 7 – Taglio di Po, Chioggia market visit and boat ride on the Chioggia Lagoon
Day 8 – Venice Islands (Burano, Mazzorbo & Torcello), “The Magical Islands of Venice" Burano with lace-making, Mazzorbo with wine tasting & Torcello with its Byzantine mosaics
Day 9 – Venice - Choice of: “Do as the Locals Do” Venice walking tour OR “Venetian Painters at the Accademia” tour with art historian guide.
Day 10 – Venice (disembark), transfer to the airport
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 8 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English speaking local experts
- Guided "Do as the Locals Do" and "Gentle Walking" programs
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all excursions
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the impressive River Countess
- 2 nights in Milan at Starhotel Rosa Grand (or similar) with breakfast
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 1 country: Italy
- 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: “La Serenissima: The Lagoon of Venice”
- Exclusive Generations Family Programme on select summer departures