Has exploring South America always been on your bucket list? Do you love the idea of unique experiences completely tailored to your every wish? Well let us help you! Based on your needs, we work with our preferred partners to completely customize your trip.
Here is just an example of a unique luxury tour itinerary through the Andes, Argentina & Chile! This tour includes 4x4 drive explorations, hiking/trekking, horseback riding, and mountain biking!
The Atacama Desert, Chile
Welcome to the driest place on earth, a land of unspoiled natural beauty that has attracted adventurers and explorers looking for a unique experience. The Atacama Desert, situated in the foothills of the Chilean Andes at 13,000 feet above sea level, offers some of the most spectacular and dramatic vistas on Earth including majestic volcanoes, multi-colored lagoons, welcoming hot springs, and a wide variety of rare wildlife.
The Argentine Northwest, Argentina
Argentina's Northwest is the nation's most culturally unique region. Experience the wildly diverse terrain ranging from the cold peaks of the Andes to the subtropical air of the fertile valleys, farmed for thousands of years by natives who were excellent stewards of the land. Discover the dazzling salt flats of the Salinas Grandes and the Mountain of the Seven Colors, two of the most striking natural sights of the region, and explore the narrow mountain valley, and UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Quebrada de Humahuaca. Later, visit the province of Salta, home to some of Argentina's finest vineyards and rich traditional heritage.
Santiago de Chile-1 night
Begin your luxury trip to Chile by taking an overnight flight to Santiago, where you will stay in a 5-star hotel of your choice in the heart of the city. Your personal guide will take you to the main highlights and museums, including the Plaza de Armas, the Cathedral, the Chilean Museum of pre-Columbian Art and the attractive neighborhoods of París Londres and Santa Lucía, including the eclectic home of famed poet Pablo Neruda. In the evening, dine in one of Santiago's most famous restaurants, which are gaining international recognition and putting Chilean cuisine on the map.
- Cocktails at private homes of the nation's élite with exclusive access to private art collections
- Private, guided tour of the Fine Arts Museum or Fashion Museum with the curator
- Private plane services
- VIP airport assistance
Atacama Desert -3 nights
Take a 2-hour flight to the Atacama Desert in Northern Chile to begin your luxury tour of Atacama. You will be welcomed by your personal host and taken to the Alto Atacama, a luxurious lodge in its own ravine with no other human settlement in sight, where you can enjoy the tranquility of the desert, and the lodge's full spa and serene surroundings. Throughout your luxury travels in Atacama, you will choose from a number of explorations and adventures each day. Rise early to visit the El Tatio geyser at sunrise, go mountain biking to the ultra-salty Cejar Lagoon where you will relax as you float in the waters, and hike the Valley of the Moon as you watch the sun set, turning the entire scenery orange with the sun's last light. No luxury tour of Atacama is complete without some down time to relax in the many pools of the Alto Atacama, get a massage, and enjoy delicious gourmet meals in the evenings.
Following your luxury Chile travels, you will go on an adventurous drive from the Chilean desert over the Andes and into the heartland of Argentina, taking in the many panoramic views and unique landscapes along the way. You will stay at the boutique Manantial del Silencio in the quaint town of Purmamarca, Jujuy and discover the Northwest of Argentina with its Salt Desert and the majestic Mountain of the Seven Colors. You may also choose to stay in an exclusive private lodge in Jujuy amid spectacular desert-like scenery and views of the Andes. Enjoy hiking and horseback riding through exceptional landscapes composed of dramatic rock formations, imposing gorges and giant cacti.
Take a private plane to the mountainside town of Cafayate in the Calchaquí Valleys, surrounded by wineries famous for the torrontés grape. Stay at the elegant Patios de Cafayate Hotel, which boasts its own vineyards and a lovely location within the valleys. Your personal guide will take you to visit the charming town and its surrounding vineyards as you take in the viticultural and culinary gems of this region. Visit San Pedro de Yacochuya, one of the highest viticultural sites in the world located at 6,500 feet above sea level, where you will meet with the founder and learn about the history of the estancia and wine production at the winery. You will also partake in a cooking experience with a chef as you learn to make traditional delicacies of the unique regional cuisine.
You will then drive 3.5 hours through the spectacular natural landscapes to the traditional city of Salta. Stay at the boutique Legado Mítico in the cultural heart of the city. Your host will show you the highlights of this small but proud city, and you will learn about Salta's traditional heritage which has made it so popular with both Argentine and foreign visitors.
Buenos Aires-2 nights
You will then fly to Buenos Aires. Greeting by your personal host and private transfer to a luxury hotel of your choice. Discover Buenos Aires on your private guided tour of the main sightseeing attractions, depending on your interests. Visit some of the city's many museums and enjoy exclusive access to the private homes and ateliers of esteemed local curators and artists. Explore amongst the typical fairs, antique markets, and take part in a private cooking class or wine tasting session with an expert sommelier. Enjoy a private tango lesson followed by a traditional tango show, or appreciate a live musical performance in the famed Teatro Colon. Dine on authentic gourmet meals in the city's finest restaurants and cocktails in the many chic bars and lounges in the evenings.
Optional trip add on's:
- Immerse yourself in the simple sophistication of the Chilean Wine Country in the Colchagua Valley near Santiago
- Experience the Southern Patagonian Andes in Torres del Paine National Park, widely regarded as one of the most awe-inspiring areas in Patagonia
- Explore the Chilean Lake District's beautiful Pacific coastline, numerous volcanoes and think green forests throughout your luxury tour of Chile
- The impressive Iguassu Falls, declared one of the 7 natural wonders of the world
- Mendoza, the heart of the Argentine wine country
- Spend time at a traditional countryside estate in Cordoba
- Discover vast Patagonia, home to Los Glaciares National Park and the famed Perito Moreno Glacier in Argentina as well as the awe-inspiring Torres del Paine National Park in Chile
- Explore Tierra del Fuego, the Southernmost point of the world
- The rich marine life of Peninsula Valdes where you will spot whales and sea elephants
- The breathtaking natural beauty of dazzling blue lakes and snowcapped mountains of the Argentine Lake District
- Journey into the stunning natural wonders of Bolivia, where you will discover majestic volcanoes and salt flats that carpet this region's vast desert.
What is included in your luxury tour to Chile & Argentina:
- Luxury accommodations at:
- 5-star hotel of your choice in Santiago
- Alto Atacama Desert Lodge & Spa (Atacama Desert)
- Manantial del Silencio (Jujuy)
- Patios de Cafayate (Cafayate)
- Legado Mítico (Salta)
- 5-star hotel of your choice in Buenos Aires
- Internal flights and private plane from Jujuy to Cafayate
- Services of hosts and private specialized guides throughout the journey
- All special events, private guided tours, private excursions, private outdoor activities, entrance fees
- All transportation and private transfers
- Certain meals
If you're looking to plan your next trip to this area of South America, give our Adventure Travel Specialists a call or send us a message! We would love to help! 604-736-7447 or select the 'contact us' button