We have partnered with Marquis Wine Cellars to offer a special land and river cruise package departing on May 25th, 2018 on the Gems of Northern Italy itinerary with Uniworld Boutique River Cruises! This sailing is a fantastic price with great value for a luxurious, all-inclusive cruise.
John Clerides, Owner of Marquis Wine Cellars, will be leading this group and will be there to enhance your experience on board with special experiences for wine lovers! There are only a handful of cabins left so contact us today to avoid disappointment!
- For 10 days and 9 nights you will uncover the extraordinary hidden treasures of Venice and Northern Italy.
- Your experience will begin in Milan where you will have 2 nights to explore this stunning city.
- You will then be transferred to Venice, where you will embark the River Countess, where you will make stops at amazing locations; Verona, Padua, Bologna, and Ferrara.
- Daily excursions are also included with a variety of options such as a pasta-making workshop in Bologna and a Valpolicella wine estate lunch. This will be a trip to remember!
For this special group departure we have secured exclusive perks of $800 savings per cabin and $780 shipboard credit!
**There are only a few cabins left so contact us today to check availabily and reserve a cabin!**
- You will be sailing on the recently re-modelled River Countess, which holds only 130 guests.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises are renowned for their award-winning artistic ships, resembling luxury floating hotels.
- Each ship is uniquely designed – with hand-crafted furniture, commissioned exclusively for Uniworld.
- The culinary journeys experienced onboard every cruise are every bit as rich, varied, and flavourful as the voyage itself.
- In addition to the gourmet cuisine, a variety of distinctive local wines selected by top sommeliers accompany each meal.
- Onboard butlers are trained to the same standards of excellence required by Buckingham Palace, to guarantee they are able to deliver an incredible experience.
For this unique sailing we have secured the following Special Inclusions for guests who book directly through North South Travel:
- $400 per person discount for the cruise, off published prices
- Each guest will receive $130pp group Shipboard credit
- Plus a $260 p/p shipboard credit you can enjoy thanks to our membership in the Virtuoso network (this totals $390 per person of free credit to spend on the spa/gift shop/any other onboard charges!)
- If you have sailed with Uniworld, or travelled with Trafalgar or Insight before, you can also enjoy a further 5% River Heritage discount which is combinable with all of the above
Prices in CAD dollars and include all taxes. Port Charges are $200 per person extra. Please note the 5% Past Passenger discounts can be applied on top of the prices quoted below! And for our friends in the U.S.A you can enjoy additional savings due to the exchange rate!
Category 5 (Lavishly appointed riverview) $5,299 per person
Category 4 (Lavishly appointed riverview, located on a higher deck than category 5) $5,599 per person
*Contact us for details on these 2 categories of rooms, as they are limited!*
Category 3 (Large window) $6,299 per person
Category 2 (Large window) $6,599 per person
Category 1 (French Balcony) $7,499 per person
Milan to Venice - aboard the recently re-modelled River Countess, holding only 130 guests
Day 1 – Arrive at Milan Malpensa Airport, where you will be transferred to your hotel.
Day 2 – Milan-Milan city tour with visit to Da Vinci’s The Last Supper
Day 3 – Milan, Verona (Valpolicella) & Venice. Excursion: Verona, “City of Romeo and Juliet,” and Valpolicella wine estate lunch.
Day 4 – Venice walking tour, sailing the Lagoon and exclusive opening of St. Mark's Basilica
Day 5 – Chioggia, Choice of Chioggia walking tour OR guided “Go Active” bike tour of Chioggia’s beaches
Day 6 – Polesella, Choice of full day excursion to Bologna with pasta-making workshop with lunch OR half-day excursion to Ferrara with lunch
Day 7 – Taglio di Po, Chioggia market visit and boat ride on the Chioggia Lagoon
Day 8 – Venice Islands (Burano, Mazzorbo & Torcello), “The Magical Islands of Venice" Burano with lace-making, Mazzorbo with wine tasting & Torcello with its Byzantine mosaics
Day 9 – Venice - Choice of: “Do as the Locals Do” Venice walking tour OR “Venetian Painters at the Accademia” tour with art historian guide.
Day 10 – Venice (disembark), transfer to the airport
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
- 8 days of excursions, including "Choice Is Yours" options, all fully hosted by English speaking local experts
- Guided "Do as the Locals Do" and "Gentle Walking" programs
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio headset system on all excursions
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the impressive River Countess
- 2 nights in Milan at Starhotel Rosa Grand (or similar) with breakfast
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® of England beds, high-thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- 1 country: Italy
- 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: “La Serenissima: The Lagoon of Venice”
- Exclusive Generations Family Programme on select summer departures
John Clerides - Owner, Marquis Wine Cellars
Your personal onboard host and Italian wine buyer!
John was raised listening to stories about his father’s childhood in a Cypriot mountainside village. He heard about how his grandfather looked after his family of nine by raising an assortment of animals, and by growing their own fruits and vegetables. His grandfather also tended their vines and made wine, along with their local moonshine which was nothing less than racing fuel. The seeds were planted for his curiosity about food and wine.
In 1977 his career began like any other good Greek Canadian, in the family restaurant. Ten years in the restaurant business gave John a strong foundation for working with people and listening to his customers. Painfully aware of the frustrations locals had by the limited selection of wines and indifferent service, John jumped at the opportunity to open Marquis Wine Cellars in 1986. Inspired by speaking with many of his seasoned wine friends and his readings John’s quest for knowledge began.
John has travelled extensively though Australia, Washington, Oregon, California, Italy, Spain, France and Austria, sourcing unique, flavourful, undiscovered wines. Even after 25 years his quest for discovery remains unabated. You will most likely find John in either one of three places, at Marquis Wine Cellars assisting his clients, in a vineyard or cellar somewhere in the wine world, or his most preferred location: at the local ice rink playing hockey.
To take advantage of this special Northern Italian sailing with Marquis Wine Cellars and North South Travel, please contact Kemi Wells on 604-736-7447, or contact your North South Travel Advisor directly if you already work with us! You can also click here to contact us online!