Australia is the world's most naturally endowed continent. It boasts vast tropical rainforests, huge water bodies, and expansive coastline with beautiful beaches. It shares a boundary with two oceans - the Pacific and Indian Ocean.
Australia is the world's most naturally endowed continent. It boasts vast tropical rainforests, huge water bodies, and expansive coastline with beautiful beaches. It shares a boundary with two oceans - the Pacific and Indian Ocean. Below are the country’s top adventure destinations.
1. The Great Barrier Reef - You cannot mention tourism in Australia without mentioning the largest living organism/ecosystem in the world as seen from the space. Those who love diving and snorkeling, this destination will leave you thoroughly entertained and 'wowed'. The number of the marine animal species found in the Great Barrier Reef Ecosystem is nothing short of amazing.
2. Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park - The Uluru, also commonly known as the Ayers Rock is one of the most holy shrines of the Aborigines in the Northern Territory of Australia. The cave systems, water springs, diverse flora and fauna as well as rivers will keep an adventurer busy for the whole vacation without exhausting all the sites to see in this park.
3. Kangaroo Island - How would you love to be in the most untamed place on earth? Well at Kangaroo Island, you will get to see the diverse wildlife available in Australia ranging from penguins to kangaroos to seals. If you are lucky, you might also spot a platypus. If you love swimming or surfing, the waters surrounding Kangaroo Island will suffice.
4. Nitmiluk National Park - The wilderness, waterfalls, gorges and monsoonal forests in this park will take you to new heights in terms adventure. You can stay at the exclusive Cicada Lodge and enjoy the best of views in a territory that is yet to get the full attention of tourists. You can be among the pioneers who make the Northern Territory a great tourist destination.
5. Kakadu National Park - To close the list of the top 5 adventure destinations in Australia is the Kakadu National Park. Having been the home of the Aborigines for thousands of years, this park is the best place in Australia to experience the Aborigine culture. From the wetlands to the Yellow River basin that features the alligators; this park is as mesmerizing as they come.