The perfect vacation awaits you in Canada.......from an extraordinary mix of world-class cities and unbelievable natural wonders to our very diverse cuisine and rich culture.
Our Leisure Travel Specialists work with great on-site partners throughout the country, and when you book you trip with us, we can secure our clients exclusive amenities, upgrades, access, and unique experiences – just some of the great benefits in working with us here at North South Travel!
Here are some of our favourite places and great tours/activities we would suggest when visiting!
Explore Vancouver this summer. With a landscape of mountains, lush forests and the sparkling Pacific Ocean, it’s no surprise that Vancouver is consistently voted one of the world’s most livable cities. This summer, don’t miss the many cultural festivals staged across the city; food and wine events like the signature Dine Out Vancouver Festival and the Vancouver International Wine Festival; Enjoy tasty creations from the world-famous Granville Island Market; and include a visit to the historic Gastown and go on a guided bicycle adventure through the city of Vancouver.
- Day 1 Arrive Vancouver
- Day 2 Granville Island Market Tour
- Day 3 Historic Gastown Photowalk
- Day 4 The Grand Tour
- Day 5 Depart Vancouver
- 5 days, 4 nights at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia
- Private airport transfers
- Private city sightseeing tour of Stanley Park, top neighbourhoods and admission to the Vancouver Lookout.
- Vancouver Foodie Tours - Granville Island Market Tour
- Historic Gastown Photowalk Tour
- Guided Bicycle Tour of Vancouver’s top neighbourhoods
Calgary, Jasper, Lake Louise, & Banff, AB
Experience the West! This exciting rail journey takes you to the stunning mountain towns of Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff, including a trip to the Columbia Icefields and a helicopter tour through the soaring peaks of the Rockies.
- Day 1-2 Calgary, AB
- Day 3 Lake Louise, AB
- Day 4 Banff, AB
- Day 5-6 Jasper, AB
- Day 7 Kamloops, BC
- Day 8 Vancouver, BC
- Vancouver Lookout
- Jasper Highlights Tour
- Icefields Parkway Tour including the Ice Explorer, Jasper to Banff (or reverse)
- Yoho National Park Tour, Banff to Lake Louise (or reverse)
- Experience Lake Louise to Calgary Tour (or reverse), including Banff Gondola
- Panoramic Helicopter Tour
- Calgary Tower
- 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts
- 2 days onboard the Rocky Mountaineer
- Station and hotel transfers in Vancouver, Kamloops and Jasper
- Luggage handling and National Parks Pass
- 7 nights hotel
When you're standing on the outdoor platform of the Polar Rover the chill Arctic air feels invigorating. But not as much as the sight of the huge polar bear that wanders up alongside. Safely elevated above him, you’re nonetheless just feet away as you peer down at his shaggy, cream-colored bulk.
Explore Churchill for one of nature's most wondrous wildlife encounters!
- On this flagship polar bear trip, meet the world’s greatest concentration of these big carnivores as they wait for freeze-up on Hudson Bay and the start of seal-hunting season
- The custom Polar Rovers, with innovative steel mesh flooring on the outdoor observation platform, get you safely and comfortably up close to polar bears on the tundra
- Meet a local dog musher and his team, experience an authentic dog sled ride through the boreal forest, and enjoy cultural presentations from Churchill residents
- Day 1: Winnipeg, Manitoba -The Churchill polar bear tour begins in Winnipeg.
- Day 2: Winnipeg / Churchill -Fly by chartered plane to Churchill this morning. This hospitable frontier town, originally a Hudson's Bay Company fur trading post, is our base for adventure.
- Days 3 & 4: Polar Bear Viewing-Custom-built Polar Rovers are our mobile means for spending time among the bears.
- Day 5: Explore Around Churchill / Evening on the Tundra - Tour historic Churchill, then head out to the tundra for evening bear viewing and dinner aboard the Rover.
- Day 6: Churchill—Dog Sledding / Winnipeg - Return flight to Winnipeg is scheduled to depart in the mid- to late afternoon, to offer as much time as possible for exploring Churchill today.
- Day 7: Winnipeg / Depart - After breakfast, transfer to the airport for flights home.
Vibrant cities, stunning scenery, and out-of-the-ordinary experiences await you on this Historic Cities of Eastern Canada tour. You'll start in Toronto and end in Montréal with overnights also in Niagara Falls, Ottawa, and Québec City.
- Day 1 - 2 Toronto
- Day 3 Toronto-Niagara Falls
- Day 4 Niagara Falls - Thousand Islands National Park - Ottawa
- Day 5 Ottawa
- Day 6 Ottawa - Cap-de-la-Madeleine - Quebec City
- Day 7 Quebec City
- Day 8 Quebec City - Montreal
- Day 9 Montreal
Breakfast daily including a traditional sugar shack breakfast, 2 lunches, 3 x three-course dinners including a farewell dinner in Old Town, Montréal
Montreal - Quebec City, QC
Big city excitement meets wilderness relaxation on this Quebec retreat. Enjoy a culinary and walking tour of historic Montreal, and spend your evenings checking out the local nightlife and entertainment. Then it’s time to take a break from city life and unwind in beautiful Sacacomie Lodge, nestled amongst the mountains on the shores of Lake Sacacomie. Rent a motor boat, try your hand at fishing, or get up close and personal with the local bear and beaver population – there’s something for everyone! End your trip in Quebec City, where you will explore the winding cobblestone streets of the only fortified city in North America.
- Hotel accommodation including provincial taxes for 7 nights
- Private airport transfer between Montreal Airport or Cruise ship Terminal to Hotel
- Private culinary tour of Montreal (2.5 hours)
- Old Montreal VIP Walking Tour (2 hours)
- Private Transfers between Montreal, Saint-Alexis-des-Monts and Quebec City
- Private Quebec City & surrounding countryside helicopter flight (approx. 3 hours with 1.5 hours in the air, plus lunch)
- Private Grand Walking Tour of Old Quebec City (2 hours)
- Private airport transfer between Quebec Hotel & Quebec Airport
- Travel Documentation
- Day 1 Arrive Montreal
- Day 2 Montreal (Private Walking & Culinary Tour)
- Day 3 Montreal to Saint-Alexis-des-Monts
- Days 4 - 5 Auberge Lac-a-l’Eau-Claire
- Day 6 Saint-Alexis-des-Monts to Quebec City
- Day 7 Quebec City (Private Helicopter flight and Walking Tour)
- Day 8 Depart Quebec
Halifax, NS, Moncton, NB, Charlottetown, PEI
Time stands still in the Canadian Maritimes... preserving a way of life that honors the land and sea – and a cultural mix of early French, Irish, Scottish and English influences. Halifax invites reflection with gracious Victorian parks and gardens. Fishing hamlets in Nova Scotia celebrate their rich seafaring heritage. Diverse cultural influences are chronicled in Lunenburg; in Acadian rug-making traditions that produced "talking" works of art chronicling the struggles of pioneer families; and at the Gaelic College of Celtic Arts and Crafts. Culinary specialties are on the menu from fresh lobster on Prince Edward Island to a Nova Scotia oyster shucking demonstration to a “Kitchen Party” at the Keltic Lodge. Tauck's New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia tour immerses you in the lure and lore of this down-to-earth, mystical world of mountain lakes, eagles, whales, fishermen, and the sea.
- Day 1 Arrive Halifax
- Day 2 Seaside Lunenburg & Peggy’s Cove
- Day 3 History in Halifax & on to Moncton
- Day 4 Hopewell Rocks on the Bay of Fundy
- Day 5 Prince Edward Island & Charlottetown
- Day 6 Landscapes of “Anne of Green Gables”
- Day 7 Cape Breton Island & Bras d’or Lake
- Day 8 A day as you please at Ingonish Beach
- Day 9 The beauty of the Cabot Trail & more
- Day 10 Gaelic culture & Bell’s legacy in Baddeck
- Day 11 Depart Liscombe Lodge Resort & return to Halifax to make your way home, wherever that may be
- A private reception and dinner in Halifax at the Citadel, its treasured 19th-century fortress
- A “Kitchen Party” at the Keltic Lodge, with local cuisine and lively Celtic music
- A guided visit to the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 in historic Halifax
- A visit to the Gaelic College of Celtic Arts and Crafts on Cape Breton Island to learn about Nova Scotia’s Scottish Gaelic culture and watch a demonstration in the art of kilt making
- Visit the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site in Baddeck
- Learn about oyster shucking and Nova Scotia’s regional cuisine at included demonstrations
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- 23 meals, service charges, admission fees, taxes and porterage
If you're interested in seeing any of our beautiful country, feel free to reach out to one of our Leisure Travel Specialists at 604-736-7447 or send us a message via the 'contact us' button! We are happy to design and fully customize the perfect Canadian adventure for you.