Nothing beats a good romantic vacation to bring the rush of romance back into your lives!
If you can afford it, try to plan at least one vacation with each other every year. It’ll create great memories and a stronger bond between you and your partner.
Some ideas to inspire you:
- Celebrate any anniversary with an anniversary trip
- Fly to Vegas for the weekend
- Plan a surprise weekend escape from the city
- Get away from it all and discover a new place together
Whatever you choose, here are my tips to ensuring it's a passion-filled getaway from beginning to end:
Choosing a Destination
- All inclusive resorts eliminates the worry of going over budget and can be a great option for a stress-free vacation.
- Consider a Couples only or Adults only resort.
- If you're a parent, many family-friendly resorts offer unique opportunities for adults to get precious one-on-one time with organized childcare programs and activity centers.
- If you're considering a popular tourist destination (such as Paris) and want a more personal experience with your travel partner, plan low-season or early-morning/weekday visits to spots that regularly draw crowds.
- If choosing a beach destination upgrade to an ocean-view or oceanfront room whenever possible. You won’t regret it!
- Pick a room with enticing amenities. It will be easy to take the romance to another level if your accommodations feature invigorating extras like a plunge pool, Jacuzzi, in-room champagne etc.
- Pick a resort that fits your personalities. The resort can make or break your vacation.
- An unexpected getaway for two is about as romantic as it gets. Keep the destination a secret until you get to the airport or kidnap your partner for a last-minute weekend getaway.
- Plan a secret excursion or restaurant outing for your chosen destination - and keep it a surprise from your partner.
- Purchase something your loved one would enjoy using on your next trip together. Then hide the gift in your travel partner's suitcase so he or she discovers the item while unpacking.
- Bring along a mini camcorder or use your smart phone to record secret messages for each other, only to reveal once you're back at home.
At the Destination
- Book a Couples Massage for your arrival day. A rejuvenating spa session will certainly be a memorable experience for you and your significant other and is a great way to start your trip.
- Use the "Do Not Disturb" sign.
- Have a bottle of champagne, flowers, chocolates etc. waiting for you in the room for your arrival.
- Add custom touches such as scented candles, chocolates, bath salts, fresh flowers, music and customized mini-bar beverages. Just a few extra touches in your hotel room can take great ambiance and make it extraordinary.
- Plan a private picnic on a secluded beach, rolling hillside, vineyard etc. Be sure to bring a bottle of wine or champagne and some of your favorite snacks.
- Arrange a Dinner with a View - There may be nothing more romantic than an amazing meal featuring a jaw-dropping vantage point.
- Watch the sunset together. Incredible settings can often make for unforgettable sunsets.
- Go Exploring. Set aside at least one day to skip the tour groups. Instead, seek out adventure by renting bikes, going for a scenic hike, or discovering a local waterfall together. It can be whatever activity that appeals to you most, just look for unique ways to discover a new destination together
- Schedule a late return flight. Nothing is worse than having an early airport transfer. Hotels that won’t allow a late checkout and generally allow you to use the resorts facilities until you leave.
Contact your Travel Specialist for assistance with planning your Romantic Getaway today!