17-days from $2,499
Geographically and culturally, Northwest China is about as far away from “traditional China” as you can get without crossing the border. The source of the Silk Road—the ancient trade route that helped create the modern world—is unlike anything you’ll find in Beijing or Xi'an, and this 17-day adventure takes you deep into the China few ever see. Otherworldly experiences abound: watch the sun rise over the dunes outside Dunhuang, explore the world of the Muslim Uyghurs, spend the night in traditional yurts near Urumqi, and venture into the Taklamakan Desert to Kashgar. There’s more, of course, but we’ve got to keep a few secrets, right?
- Great Wall excursion and entrance (Beijing). Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City guided tour. Terracotta Warriors tour (Xi'an). Great Wall visit (Jiayuguan). Mogao Grottoes (Dunhuang). Turpan guided sightseeing tour. Yurt stay in the Tian Shan Mountains. Hotan village and workshop tour by donkey cart. Taklamakan Desert drive. Kashgar orientation walk. Sunday bazaar and animal bazaar visit. Internal flight.
- 14 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner (Allow USD240-360 for meals not included.)
- Hotels/guesthouses (12 nts), yurt (1 nt, multi-share), sleeper train (3 nts).
- Train, private van, subway, taxi, camel, donkey cart, plane
- English-speaking Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 12
For more information on this Silk Road of China tour or other G Adventure tours, please contact one of our Adventure Travel Specialists at North South Travel today