Let me introduce you to Sonora Resort, an award winning Relais & Chateaux and Virtuoso property; where pure luxury wilderness meets adventure.
This is pure raw beauty nestled along the Pacific Coast of BC.
A 50 minute helicopter transfer from Vancouver is the ideal way to arrive at the property….Ah yes, I can get used to this!
Let me tell you, flying over the BC coastal islands is in itself worth the trip; the scenery is breathtaking, stunning in fact, and I can’t imagine a better way to start your vacation.
Sonora is; unique in the world because of its breathtaking location in the Discovery Islands and its customer-centered approach to hospitality.
Guests have the opportunity to see an abundance of wildlife in their natural habitat surrounding the island including Grizzly Bears and killer whales – while enjoying luxurious amenities, comfort and gourmet cuisine. By the way, this is one of the best places in the world to see Grizzlies fishing salmon from the river; it is an experience not to miss if you are in the area from August to October.
Some highlights include; eco & cultural tours, an interactive golf simulator, a complimentary onsite movie theatre you can rent - includes popcorn and full beverage service, archery facility, pre-packed picnic items, fish packing services, and friendly onsite dogs you can borrow while hiking in the area.
A short distance away is a beautiful lake where you can rent kayaks and enjoy a nice swim.
For those looking for a little R& R, escape to Sonora’s Resorts Island Currents Spa with six treatment rooms, hydrotherapy tub and outdoor hot and cold mineral pools.
For romance travelers – this is the perfect retreat for an intimate Destination Wedding, Elopement or Honeymoon. There is also a special 3 Night Romance Package for those looking for a quick getaway from Vancouver (see details below).
Sonora Resort is ideal for you, if you enjoy:
- Wildlife & Eco Adventures
- Decadent cuisine with fresh local ingredients
- Five star luxury amongst nature
- BC salt & fly fishing
- All inclusive vacations
- Rest & relaxation in a natural setting
- Acclaimed guest reviews
- Stunning surroundings
Access to the resort is by boat or helicopter only.
All North South Travel Guests Receive:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- A complimentary eco tour
- Early check-in/late check-out (subject to availability)
VIRTUOSO 3 NIGHT ROMANCE PACKAGE
- 3 nights in a Diamond Room for two
- Return helicopter transportation for two
- Couple's massage at Island Currents Spa
- 1 hour tour of the Inside Passage with wine and cheese aboard a luxurious 30' Grady White
- 1 hour eco adventure tour for two
- All gourmet meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- All beverages (liquor, wine, beer, pop, juices, and water) including complimentary bar fridges in each room
- Use of all resort amenities: outdoor heated pool, steam rooms, tennis court, fly fishing pond, nine hole putting green, movie theatre, and games room
Your getaway begins with a breathtaking helicopter ride from Vancouver over the spectacular British Columbia coastline. When you arrive, you will be greeted with a glass of Mission Hill wine as we escort you to your upgraded Diamond Room, a luxurious retreat with an ocean view.
During your stay, you and your loved one will go on an eco tour of the Discovery Islands. Your guide will take you over the thrilling rapids and introduce you to the ever-changing wildlife. Depending on the season, our waters are home to whales, dolphins, and porpoises, the skies filled with eagles, the shorelines home to black bears and grizzlies.
Back at the resort, enjoy a rejuvenating couple's massage at the Island Currents Spa with natural ocean products to soothe your muscles and calm your mind.
Get back on the water for a romantic pre-dinner cruise of the Inside Passage. This private tour is aboard a luxurious Grady White with your own personal server. Sip on Mission Hill Estate wines and savour delectable appetizers as you glide over the Pacific Ocean.
Contact North South Travel for details.
LAS HELICOPTER TRANSPORTATION SCHEDULE
Vancouver direct – Helicopter 50 minute flight
- Flights depart Vancouver at 3:00pm on Sunday / Tuesday / Thursday / Friday
Depart Sonora Resort at 4:00pm on Sunday / Tuesday / Thursday / Friday