Solo travel holidays in Europe
- Europe might be the worlds’ second smallest continent, but it certainly packs a punch when it comes to sights and activities. The mixture of cuisine, culture and history is enough to satisfy the wanderlust of any solo traveller.
- Made up of over 50 countries, Europe has an abundance of both fast-paced cosmopolitan cities and ancient capitals that still continue to impress and amaze.
- Ideal for those travelling solo thanks to its easy and efficient cross-border travel system, Europe presents the perfect opportunity to explore several countries in one trip, as part of our organised group trips.
- From the lush mountainous north where you’ll find the Nordic settlements of Scandinavia and Alpine villages of France, to the historic southern Mediterranean capitals of Rome and Athens, Europe’s rich and chequered history provides a vivid and dramatic backdrop for your trip.
- Nature lovers will revel in the cool, glacial landscapes of Iceland and the snowy mountains of Andorra, whilst those who love adventure can marvel at crumbling ruins in Turkey, trek to near-forgotten temples in the Greek Islands, and explore the remnants of the former Roman Empire in Italy. There’s plenty to do all year round in Europe.
- Whether you decide to embark on one of our sunshine-soaked coastal bike rides in Portugal and Spain, or opt for a seasonal trip to Germany and Eastern Europe for festive markets, Gothic castles and post-war relics, you’ll be inspired wherever you go on our European trips.
- Europe is one of our most popular destinations with solo travelers thanks to its ease for travel and the warm, welcoming familiarity of our European neighbours. Whilst every country has its own customs, languages and traditions, English is widely spoken and the Euro is accepted across the continent. Whilst crime is fairly low, single travelers should still take care of their belonging as they would in any other location and be wary at tourist spots for local pick-pockets.
Solo travel holidays in North America
- From the rocky snow-capped mountains of the north to the wetlands and rainforests of the south, North America is a vast and exciting continent with plenty to explore at every turn.
- Whether you’re a keen solo traveller or adventuring with friends and family, North America has something to offer everyone, whatever your taste, interests or energy levels! North America is an exciting destination for solo travellers as there is so much to see and do.
- Our group tours, which range in size from larger groups to small teams, are each led by our experts to give you a fully immersive experience where you can learn all about local culture and see the brilliant sites North America has to offer.
- Luckily for solo travellers, this region is host to some of the friendliest communities in the world and whether you're on the west or east coast, locals are always happy to help and offer advice.
- As many of our North American tours are active in a diverse range of climates and terrains, comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended as a travel essential. If heading North during colder months, expect that you will require warm clothing to deal with extreme temperature drops whilst also staying protected against the sunshine and heat on tours heading to the desert and southern US states.
- Whilst the more challenging aspects of your adventure such as travel and accommodation are taken care of by Explore, you may need to gather insight on what additional information will be required filling out Visa forms.
- Travellers, as always, should take out travel health insurance before their trip and consult with their GP on medication and vaccines that may be required at least 4-6 weeks prior to departure.