11 days from $2,340
On this holiday in West Africa you will discover two different nations: tropical Gambia and exotic Senegal. You will walk through French colonial towns, see prolific birdlife and visit the megalithic stone circles at Wassu. You will also explore some of the region's finest wildlife parks, cruise down the Gambia River and venture into the Saloum Delta by traditional pirogue canoe.
- Djoudj - One of the most important bird sanctuaries in the world.
- Gambia River - A two day cruise on the mighty Gambia River through tropical forest, bamboo groves, rice paddies and mangroves.
- Saloum Delta - Explore the river delta by traditional pirogue through mangroves and aquatic birds.
- Isle de Goree - A tranquil island rich in history and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Fadiout - A charming fishing village entirely constructed with shells.
- Saint Louis - Visit a 19th century French colonial town by caleche.
- Wassu Stone Circles - Ancient burial sites and megalithic circles.
For more information on this Senegal and Gambia River Cruise tour, please contact one of our Adventure Travel Specialists at North South Travel today