10 days - North Island Encompassed - G Adventures - Prices from $1449 CAD
New Zealand’s North Island thoroughly engages the body and the spirit, often at the same time. This 10-day trip promises loads of both. Up here, you’ll pick up some sustainable living tips on a conservation farm and learn Maori culture straight from the source while bunking in villages in the bush. Elsewhere, you’ll sea kayak in a secluded harbour, get a surfing lesson from an expert and overnight on a houseboat. There’s much more, but we’ve gotta leave some surprises, right?
Day 1 Auckland Arrive at any time.
Day 2 Auckland/Bay of Islands(1B, 1D) Travel north via backroads, stopping to see giant kauri trees, and go for an included snorkel at Goat Island Marine Reserve (seasonal). Board a large houseboat for an overnight trip through the beautiful Bay of Islands.
Day 3 Bay of Islands/Paihia(1B, 1L, 1D) Enjoy free time in the morning on the boat. Choose to do a number of included water activities like kayaking, snorkelling, fishing or visiting nearby islands. Opt to go on a dolphin watching tour. Disembark with some time to explore Paihia before an evening barbecue.
Day 4 Paihia/Auckland(1B) Free morning to relax, or opt to swim with dolphins, go skydiving, or check out the historic Waitangi Treaty Grounds.
Day 5 Auckland/Raglan(1B, 1L) Visit a special conservation farm to learn about their methods before sea kayaking to a harbour for a picnic lunch.
Day 6 Raglan(1B, 1D) Enjoy an included surf lesson in one of the world's most famous surf areas, then opt to take a bone carving lesson with local Maori.
Day 7 Raglan/Rotorua(1B, 1D) Opt to go caving before heading to Rotorua, notable for its geothermal activity and culture. Visit a local village to gain insight into Maori culture. Enjoy a traditional 'Hangi' experience.
Day 8 Rotorua/National Park(1B, 1D) Travel around Lake Taupo and explore the volcanic World Heritage-listed national parks in the area. Conquer the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, New Zealand's top-rated 1-day trek (seasonal).
Day 9 National Park/Wellington(1B) Hit the nation's capital and visit the national museum, Te Papa, or stroll along Oriental Parade. Check out some of the area's great bars and cafés.
Day 10 Wellington(1B) Depart at any time.
- Overnight houseboat excursion with activities while onboard including snorkelling, fishing and kayaking (Bay of Islands)
- Visit to a conservation farm (Raglan)
- Sea kayaking (Raglan)
- Surf lesson (Raglan)
- Maori cultural experience
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing (seasonal)
- Te Papa Museum (Wellington)
- Orientation walk in Wellington
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- 9 breakfasts, 2 lunch, 5 dinners. (Allow NZD250-300 for meals not included.)
- Private bus
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 20, avg 16
- Hostels (4 nts), houseboat (1 nt), basic lodges (3 nts), basic hotel (1 nt). Most nights are multi-share.
Contact one of our Adventure Specialists today for more information!