The beach coast of Bahia welcomes travellers seeking out a tropical paradise to escape their worries and relax in the sun.
The state of Bahia is situated on the northeast coast of Brazil, South America, with the turquoise Atlantic Ocean lapping at its shores. It is the fourth most populous Brazilian state, and its capital city is São Salvador da Bahia de Todos os Santos, commonly shortened to Salvador. The name, Bahia, means “bay” and refers to the sight of the bay that the first European explorers stumbled across in 1501.
In general, the climate in Bahia is Tropical. The Atlantic Forest makes up the vast majority of Bahia’s natural landscape, and the coastline is the longest in Brazil, measuring over 1,100 kilometres, or 685 miles. There is a chain of mountains, called Chapada Diamantina, which winds its way through the state, dividing it into an east section and a west section.
The main regions of Bahia comprise:
• The Coconut Coast – named as such for its extensive coconut groves, this area is on the coast and also boasts glorious rivers and impressive sand dunes.
• All Saints Bay – this is the largest bay on the coast of the country and is home to 56 islands. It is popular for its water sports and tropical beaches.
• Dendê Coast – this area has an array of different floral species. It provides the ideal escape for tourists wanting to relax on deserted beaches or walk through dense rain forests.
• Cacao Coast – pristine beaches are lined with coconut groves in this ecological wonderland. Wetland forests and cacao groves combine with reefs, rivers and islands for gorgeous vistas.
• The Discovery Coast – excursions along the cliffs, beaches and river beds are a must in this unspoilt part of Bahia.
• The Whale Coast – as its name implies, this area is ideal for whale watching between July and November, attracting visitors from all over the world during this peak season.
• The Diamantina Tableland Region – this is a particularly mountainous area that is traversed by thousands of kilometres of fresh water rivers.
You can enjoy any of the activities listed above at the respective destinations in Bahia. The possibilities are endless! This tropical paradise state is a must visit if you are planning a trip to Brazil.
Book your trip to Brazil today, and visit the tropical paradise Bahia!