Follow in the footsteps of the Incas as you trek the Inca Trail to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, enjoying along the way special details that will increase your enjoyment and comfort of the trip and making this the closest thing possible to experiencing upscale hotel service without putting aside your spirit of adventure. Contact our Adventure Specialists Anne or Jane today to discuss your options! Call 604.736.7447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
4 Day Luxury Inca Trail - Peru
CUSCO - WAYLLABAMBA
An early morning bus transfer to Piscacucho, Km marker 82 of the Cusco – Machu Picchu railroad, drops you at the trail's starting point. You will be following the Urubamba River at a pace for you to acclimate yourself, with the first stop being the Llaqtapata archeological complex, where a delicious lunch is served in this lovely and fortunate setting, perfect with a glass of wine. After a rest, the journey continues towards the valley, this time uphill until you make it to the village of Wayllabamba, the first day's campsite, at which point you will receive your relaxing and soothing massage.
Total distance: 12 Km (7.47 miles)
Approximate time: 5 – 6 hours
Maximum altitude: 3000 m (9840 ft)
WAYLLABAMBA – PACAYMAYO
After a healthy breakfast, it's back to the road, ascending to the first pass along the Inca Trail: Warmiwañusca (4200 m). It will take the better part of the morning to climb there. But, for the rest of the time, 2 hours, you will be descending into a valley to your next campsite: Pacaymayo. The day's end again promises a therapeutic massage to help recharge your batteries for the continuation of the adventure.
Total distance: 11 Km (6.84 miles)
Approximate time: 6 - 7 hours
Maximum altitude: 4200 m (13,776 ft)
PACAYMAYO – WIÑAYWAYNA
Today, you will enjoy a trek through completely different countryside, beginning with a morning ascent to the Inca Trail's second pass at Runcuracay (3900 m), from which you will descend for another two hours to the extraordinary Sayacmarca archeological site. After exploring this remarkable area, it's off once again along an original, stone paved Incan path that divides a semi-tropical cloud forest to the third pass, Phuyupatamarca (3800 m), a location that will captivate you with its spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and valley. The last part of this day's journey is the descent to the mysteriously beautiful Wiñaywayna archeological site and final encampment. Before going to bed, the masseuses await to give you your soothing massage.
Total distance: 16 Km (9.94 miles)
Approximate time: 8 hours
Maximum altitude: 2650 m (8692 ft)
WIÑAYWAYNA – MACHUPICCHU-CUSCO
You will start the hike towards the Punku sector, also called the Doorway of the Sun, a place from where you will catch your first sighting of the impressive lost city of Machu Picchu. The journey along this trail, used by the ancient dwellers of these lands, will be an unforgettable adventure for you. Rediscovering the "Lost City of the Incas" in your own way will be the reward for your daring. Following a short hike, you will arrive at the archeological complex and, after a refreshing break, you will begin your guided tour that will last roughly 2 hours. You then will board a bus that will take you to the town of Aguas Calientes for lunch, and afterwards it is back to the city of Cusco in the Vistadome train.
Total distance: 4 Km (2.49 miles)
Approximate time: 2 hours
Maximum altitude: 2700 m (8829 ft)
Altitude of Machu Picchu: 2400 m (7872 ft)
The service includes:
• Orientation meeting in Cusco before departure date.
• Private bus transfer to Km marker 82 of the Cusco-Machu Picchu railroad
• Bilingual guides
• Gourmet food (for the 4 days)
• Alcoholic beverages, like wine, pisco, champagne, and beer.
• Energy drinks for the Inca Trail
• Camping gear: tents, cots, environmentally friendly portable toilets
• Sleeping bags rated for -17ºC (0ºF)
• Cooking utensils, kitchen tent, dining tent, tables, and very comfortable chairs.
• Portable shower with hot water
• Massage tent
• Chef and assistant
• Tickets for the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
• Canvass backpacks for carrying personal gear (20 lbs./person)
• Porters for camping gear, including the backpacks for personal items (20 lbs./person)
• Bus ride from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
• Train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
• First aid kit with oxygen
• Satellite phones
• Short wave radios
• Boiled water during the trek
• Private transfer from the Poroy Station to your hotel
The service does not include:
• Hotels and meals at Cusco and Machu Picchu
• Extra services not listed in the program
• Tips and additional expenses
This tour starts at $ 3,500 per person
Flight specials may be available.
Contact our Adventure Specialists Anne or Jane today to discuss your options! Call 604.736.7447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com