16-days from $1449
Experience the bustling streets of Bangkok, explore colourful Chiang Mai, trek on foot and by elephant through the jungle, overnight in remote hilltribe villages, float down a river on a bamboo raft, enjoy the island beaches of Koh Samui and Koh Tao
Perfect for those looking to experience northern Thailand’s cultural treasures and the natural beauty of its southern islands. This 16-day trip will help you get off the beaten path with a trek to the region’s hilltribes but remains flexible enough to suit all tastes. From the lush hills of the north, stitched through with the diverse colours of its hilltribes, to the soft sands of the south and the glorious chaos of Bangkok, Thailand will leave you captivated.
- Visit to Chiang Mai night market. Hilltribe trek. Indigenous village stay. Elephant ride and bamboo rafting. Multiple beaches to lounge on. Street food crawl.
- 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners. (Allow USD325-425 for meals not included.)
- Simple hotels/bungalows (9 nts), basic hilltribe huts (2 nts, multi-share), sleeper trains (4 nts).
- Local bus, train, elephant, walking, boat.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, trekking staff.
- Small group experience; Max 16, avg 10.
For more information on this Thailand on a Shoestring Tour or other G Adventures Tours, please contact one of our Adventure Specialists at North South Travel today