New Zealand is a country of wonders and natural marvels. It is endowed with spectacular natural rainforest, majestic waterfalls, humongous mountains, magnificent waterways, diverse wildlife and affable peoples. To miss out on a tour to see what it has to offer is to do a great disservice to your 'exploration-hungry' brain. Just to give you a sample of what you can expect to see in New Zealand, see the following natural wonders.
1. Waitomo Glow Worm Caves - This is a series of 30 million years old caves that features the most beautiful natural light illumination. The light comes from the glow worm that is exclusively found in New Zealand.
2. Pohutu Geyser - This is located in the greater Whakarewarewa Geothermal Park in Rotorua. The geyser explodes every one hour to a height as high as 30- meters.
3. Orakei Korako Geyserland - This is a land situated between Rotorua and Taupo that features hundreds of hot water geysers and springs.
4. Huka Falls - If you think Niagara Falls in US and Victoria Falls in Zambia are spectacular, then you need to see the Huka Falls and you may change your mind. The falls are just a few miles from Lake Taupo. In fact, why don't you go there prepared for the best boat ride you will ever have?
5. Aratiatia Dam and Rapids - This are formed by the majestic River Waikato. If you have never canoed/kayaked, then this is your chance.
6. White Island - Also known as Whakaari in Maori dialect, this is an active volcano that can give you insights into how volcanicity works. The Island can only be explored using a helicopter.
7 Milford Sound - This is the most picture perfect location on earth. It is best seen from a boat. There boats that leaves Queenstown. Unfortunately, the number of people allowed into Fjord is limited to 40 per day.
New Zealand has hundreds of this spectacular jaw dropping scenery. You just need to get into the country and have a good tour guide. Trust me; you will never want to leave. New Zealand is one of those places you go for a vacation and then wonder how come you weren't born a New Zealander.
For more information on tours of New Zealand or Accommodation in Auckland, please contact one of the Travel Specialists at North South Travel today