15 – days from $1399
Explore India's vibrant cities, discover ancient forts and temples, revel in the beauty of Agra's Taj Mahal, witness the erotic sculptures of Khajuraho and Orchha, sail the Ganges in venerable Varanasi
From the intricate saris of Rajasthan to the beautiful symmetry of the Taj Mahal, this compact journey is a photographer's delight and the perfect introduction to India. You'll walk along the ghats on the River Ganges to encounter the spiritual heart of Hinduism in Varanasi and get off the beaten path exploring carved stepwells and quaint temples in rural villages. With the perfect combination of included activities and free time to explore the nation's rich heritage, you're sure to be caught up in India's incredible tapestry of life.
- Walking tour with a guide from the Planeterra-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. Old Delhi walk with stops at the Jama Masjid, Gurduwara, Chandni Chowk, spice markets and Connaught Place. Amber Fort and Hawa Mahal tour (Jaipur). Rajasthani rural village stay. Abhaneri stepwells visit. Fatehpur Sikri entrance and guide. Taj Mahal and I’timad-ud-Daulah (Baby Taj) entrance. Red Fort entrance and guided tour. Orchha Palace complex visit. Western Temple complex entrance and guided visit (Khajuraho). River Ganges boat trip at sunrise and sunset, including candle flower ceremony (Varanasi). Internal flight. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- (Allow USD250-300 for meals not included.)
- Hotels (13 nts), sleeper train (1 nt).
- Train, local bus, charter bus, auto-ricksaw, small riverboat, plane.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
- Small group experience; Max 15, avg 12
For more information on this Essential India Tour or other G Adventures Tours, please contact one of our Adventure Specialists at North South Travel today