View the northern lights from 36,000 feet in the air.
Tourism Yukon, the Yukon Astronomical Society and Air North, Yukon’s Airline, are partnering to offer flight-goers this once-in-a-lifetime experience to see the northern lights like never before by private-chartered flight – the first of its kind in Canada! This unique flight will soar within the auroral oval for eye level northern lights viewing at 36,000 feet. Limited to just 78 passengers, an optimal viewing experience of the spectacular aurora in the Yukon sky is ensured.
Air North will offer one chartered flight from Whitehorse which will take place on either November 24th or 25th pending the aurora forecast.
Aurora 360 program
- Western Canada package rate is $1635 including all fees and taxes per-person based on double-occupancy. Single surcharge available.
- Event Dates: 24-26 November 2017
- Upgrades options to Inn On The Lake (lakeside premium service lodge) and The Edgewater Hotel (boutique hotel, riverside DT) are available for a modest surcharge (est. $150 p/person, double occupancy), this is an incredible value-the discounts for accommodation on this package are considerable.
- Flights between Canadian cities and YXY are flexible to offer itinerary customization
- Exclusive offers to private events and activities
“Aurora Experience” package inclusions:
- Round-trip flights from YVR/YLW/YYC/YEG/YOW-Whitehorse (YXY)
- 3 nights hotel accommodation at the Coast High Country or Best Western Gold Rush hotels (downtown Whitehorse)
- Aurora 360 flight
- Exclusive pre-flight event at Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre
- Event-Hotel transfers, airport-hotel & hotel-airport transfers
Other activities and enhancements available for purchase:
- Dog sledding
- Horseback riding
- Yukon Brewing tour
- Wildlife viewing
- Hot Springs
- Beer + Culinary event
"With hints of neon colour, and then a jagged burst of green, flight-goers will be transfixed by the shimmering Aurora Borealis..."
For more information on this unique once-in-a-lifetime experience, contact our Travel Specialists at 604-736-7447 or by selecting the 'contact us' button.