The Duba Expedition Camp provides you with a once in a lifetime getaway in the heart of classic Okavango Delta habitat. Housing a maximum of 12 guests and being the only camp on the concession, visitors are insured an intimate and private experience. The six expedition tents have an incredible view of the surrounding floodplain, which allows guests to be surrounded by unforgettable sights. The Duba Expedition Camp strives to create an environment that's "an intimate, traditional space where hearts and spirits find inspiration in a history rich with extraordinary wildlife stories."
Because the Duba Expedition Camp prides itself on their extraordinary wildlife experiences, activities largely involve exploring their surroundings in a 4x4 vehicle, or on a boat when water levels permit. Scheduling is flexible, and guests are encouraged to create their own itinerary based on their unique interests. Tours often involve sightings of diverse species such as commonly seen elephants, and large herds of Red lechwe. The Duba Expedition Camp is also recognized as a birdwatchers paradise, as the rare Wattled crane, Pel’s Fishing owl, White-backed Night heron and Marsh owl are all seen on site. Safaris also often continue throughout the night so guests can see nocturnal species.
The Duba Expedition Camp is located in the Kwedi Reserve, Botswana, and is only accessible to guests by scheduled air transfers or private air charters.
- Zipper double doors lead to mid-sized tented rooms
- Private verandah with views of floodplains
- Canvas is light brown, with netted windows and doors
- Either twin or double bed configuration
- En-suite with flush toilet, shower, double basins
- Hot and cold running water
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and hairdryers provided
- Hot and cold running water showers
- Included in nightly tariff - next day service, weather permitting
- Selling locally and regionally produced crafts, many of which support local community projects in the nearby Okavango panhandle.
- Yoga mats and bands are provided in each suite.
Massage is available at additional cost.
- Swarovski 8x42 binoculars in every guest tent.
- Available at additional cost, based on availability.
- We look forward to having children stay with us that are 6 years and older.
- Families with children 6-11 could be accommodated in the same vehicle as other guests.
- Children under 6 will be considered, if the group books the entire camp on exclusive use.
- Young children must be supervised as the camp is open, with high predator densities in and around camp and there is water surrounding camp.
- Children must be a minimum of 12 years old to participate in extensive walking activities (kid’s program excepted).
- Kid’s program – thoughtfully designed to explore a range of experiences and topics from birding to cooking to art to tracking wildlife.
- A children's rate is available from ages 6-15 and it is half the price of the adult rate.
The rates begin at $1,300 per person per night and that includes accommodation, all conservation/park fees, scheduled activities, meals, laundry, return airstrip road transfers, non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages (excluding champagne). Talk to your agent to arrange airfare.
The Duba Expedition Camp is the perfect place for an intimate and adventurous getaway. For more information, please contact one of our Adventure Specialists, whom can be reached at 604-736-7447 or by clicking on the contact us button at the top of this page.